Forums » Introduce Yourself

Ann M. Andrashie WHAT SAY YOU?

• December 28, 2013 1:20 PM EST

Curling up with a good book and steaming hot chocolate . . . tapping the keys creating your best ever novel . . . skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, ice skating. Is there any better way to pass these cold winters months?

Just a quick howdy-do to say hi and to introduce myself. My name is Ann M. Andrashie, and I am a writer and author. I am proud to say I wrote the Novel, 'Dog Island', and recently produced a little ditty of snippets called: 'What Say You'. I am currently working on my second novel, The Caregiver. In between writing and working, I am also putting together future ditty's for easy reading.

I get very busy sometimes like we all do. But I hope we can stay connected and from time to time, share our thoughts and feelings that surround us (and sometimes seem to over take us  :) 

As a reader, I would love to hear what you have to say. What are your likes, dislikes, what do you find intriguing, what disappoints you? What do you want in a book, what don't you want in a story?

As a writer, what is your toughest aspect of writing? Mine is time! Never-ever enough time. Just getting 'There' and having to put it away in order to get to work on time . . . Doubts that I can turn a good page . . .  How do YOU over come your down points?

Take care~~Blessings to you,
    Ann M. Andrashie

• 4 posts
    January 14, 2014 10:36 AM EST

Hi Ann.  If I were a teacher, in the formal sense, I would be an easy grader if I could see effort.  When the effort isn't there in a book, I don't come back.  To me the story's the driver.  I want to know what happens.  If I don't care, I stop.  I am learning how to do that in my own stories.  Hopefully, the more I write, the better I'll get.

• January 14, 2014 11:53 PM EST

Hi Mike,

For me it's the voice that pulls me in,
    that and the characters. If I can't relate to them or if the tone and
    or narrative is blaaaa and choppy, woundering, I have a very hard time diving in,
    and chances are I will turn a few chapters and set it aside. It can
    be just about any genre (except erotica and dark novels) and if the
    tone is good, the characters strong, then chances are so will the
    book be.

As a writer I believe we hook our
    reader(s) by introducing them to characters they our able to relate
    to in some aspect. Perhaps I believe this because I am character
    driven both as a reader and a writer. To me the characters are the
    breath of a story. The worlds we place them in, and the situations
    they must live through can be as outrages as we want and still have
    it believable if our readers can relate to the characters. But that's
    me.