Forums » This Month's Selections

Backstop, by J. Conrad Guest

• 19 posts
    November 19, 2013 1:28 PM EST

Let's start our discussing of Joe's fine book. We are proud to share Backstop with our members. 

Please post what you think about it. Also please feel to ask the author any questions you might have.  

• 3 posts
    November 23, 2013 1:36 PM EST

I just joined and read Joe's chapters. I am really looking forward to reading the entire book. 

• November 28, 2013 12:20 PM EST

I was hesitant to read Backstop's chapters as I'm not much of baseball or sports fan. I'm glad I did. This story is as much or more about life than it is about baseball. 

I'll be reading the rest of the book on plane Sunday and after I get home.

This is a perfect example of not judging a book by its cover. 

• 1 posts
    December 2, 2013 6:08 PM EST

Joy, I agree.  I thought it would be more sports themed but boy, was I wrong!  I've read the entire bookand I can say that I was very pleased with how the story played out.

I think anyone who enjoys good character development and a thoughtful story line will love this book.

• 2 posts
    December 5, 2013 5:23 PM EST

Thanks, Stern and Joy, for leaving your comments. I hope you'll let me know what you think of Backstop when you finish reading it.

Good see you, Dana, and thanks for adding your voice to the board.

• December 15, 2013 12:44 PM EST

Well,noveltunity was presented as an ebook reading club so I think is a good idea if we start reviewing the books which are presented here.So,if you will send me a review copy I will be happy to do it and posted on goodreads.I missed your event on saturday:(

Madi

• 19 posts
    December 15, 2013 12:46 PM EST

Madi, all you have to do is go to e Selections page to download the entire book. J. Conrad tells a great story and would love to have you review it.

• December 15, 2013 12:51 PM EST

Silly of me,yes Rick I realized that. :) .

• 19 posts
    December 15, 2013 12:59 PM EST

Madi, we'd love have you suggest some of the great new voices you have across to be part of our upcoming votes to be selected. 

also please share Noveltunity(r) wityh your readers. We'd love to have more of a worldwide audience. 

• December 15, 2013 1:10 PM EST

It is shared here http://authorspromotion.wordpress.com/2013/11/24/how-to-reach-more-readers-new-marketing-opportunity-for-writers/

and it has some likes already and also the badge of your site it is on the side bar.If the authors agree I can make a post with the three books with a backlink here.

(200 symbols max)

(256 symbols max)