Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hi... call me Rainey

• December 12, 2013 6:19 AM EST

Hi all,

My name is Lorraine Cobcroft, and I'm one of the selected authors for December. I'm delighted to be part of this exciting new venture, and to have the opportunity to meet keen readers and other authors.

My friends call me ''Rainey''... a nickname I hated as a child but have learned, over the years, to love. 

My great passions are reading, writing, sewing, gardening, and spoiling my five delightful grandchildren. Family is my life. I have three wonderful children, and I'm privileged to have been able to spend 43 years (and counting!) with a wonderful man whose love and companionship makes every day a joy.

I write to ''nudge the world a little'', hoping to do just a little to drive social change... to inspire and motivate others to spread love, to kill greed, to fight for justice, and to do what little each of us can do to end man's inhumanity to man and make the world a better place for everyone. I write to applaud the unsung heroes whose lives are endless battles against cruelty and evil, yet who smile courageously, forgive their enemies, and find happiness giving and caring for others. I write to worship all that is beautiful in the world.

My story, ''The Pencil Case'', is a heartwrenching tale that will shock many. Bases on the true story of my husband's life, it's said to be a story you will read between tears and fits of rage. But it's one that exposes the amazing strength of the human spirit, and the power of family love.  I hope you will read and enjoy it, and I look forward to your honest feedback.

Delighted to ''meet'' all of you. I look forward to hearing your opinions, sharing ideas, and working together to support new writing talent and feed the reader community with inspiring new works. 

• 1 posts
    December 20, 2013 8:42 AM EST

Hi Rainey.  Call me Val.  :) 

(200 symbols max)

(256 symbols max)