Forums » Introduce Yourself

Little Known Author of Paranormal Tales

• 6 posts
    December 5, 2013 8:09 AM EST

Greetings all -

Having had a life-long interest in paranormal phenomena, esoteric lore, the supernatural, occult and ancient mysteries and basically anything that could be squeezed into those categories, it should come as no surprise to anyone who knows me that these same elements would become the fodder for my novels and shorter works. I grew up devouring Poe, Lovecraft and Roald Dahl and those writers definitely had a huge influence on me. I wonder if they realize what they've done? Maybe I should dig out my old 1920s-era Ouija board and let them know. Nah. Probably not a good idea.

My latest novel is a modern-day supernatural crime chiller entitled ASH: RETURN OF THE BEAST. It was inspired by the real life (or should I say real death?) mystery of the unexplained 1947 disappearance of the urn containing the ashes of the notorious occultist, Aleister "The Beast" Crowley, whom the British press once labeled as "The Wickedest Man In The World".

http://www.garyvaltenuta.blogspot.com/p/sit-back-grab-some-popcorn-and-enjoy.html

Ash: Return Of The Beast

I've recently combined 4 of my Twisted Tales from the Files of the Second Chance Limousine Service into a single volume (on Kindle), entitled WANNA TAKE A RIDE? http://garyvaltenuta.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_23.html

Wanna Take a Ride?

I found Noveltunity on Craigslist (of all places) while I was browsing for book cover design gigs. Oh, I forgot to mention... when I'm not writing books I'm busy designing book covers. I'm looking forward to seeing how this Noveltunity idea works out for everyone. I hope it catches on and becomes wildly successful.

This post was edited by Gary Val Tenuta at December 5, 2013 8:14 AM EST
    • 4 posts
    December 22, 2013 4:21 AM EST

Hello Gary, nice to meet you! We have the same interest in the paranormal! As for Lovecraft, I'm sure that he knew much more than what is written! Have you read his mail?  ;-)

All my best, Irene Leonardou

• 6 posts
    December 22, 2013 7:25 AM EST

Hi Irene. No, can't say I've read his mail. LOL I'm assuming you're referring to the many volumes of Lovecraft Letters. The one I really want to read is The Lovecraft Letters, Vol.1, edited by Joshi and Schultz. But it's way out of my price range at around $75 just for the paperback edition.

Have you read any of them?

(200 symbols max)

(256 symbols max)